CARAPAX® Technical Information
To reinforce the trailer roof, the crossings of the aramid filaments, visible at the underside of the roof curtain, must be secured on every roofstick. In the whole construction, it is very important that the same filaments attached to the first roofstick at the left side are also attached to the fourth roofstick at the other side. This is repeated for every roofstick and for both filament directions. This will allow the aramid filaments to hold the roof.
1. To get the maximum performance out of the CARAPAX® roof curtain, it is very important to define the right angle prior to ordering a CARAPAX® roof curtain.
2. Preparing the trailer roof and CARAPAX® roof curtain
- The composite reinforced roof curtain works like a Carapax of a turtle over the trailer top.
- It helps to strengthen the total superstructure of the trailer to comply with the EN 12642 XL regulation
- Use your sliding roof like you always did: you’ll experience no cables hanging inside like a spider web.
- Operate quickly and safely: don’t climb up onto the trailer to remove extra steel pipes etc
- Maintenance free! : Carapax is always there at the right tension.